Anesthesiology Today: Safe and Individualized
We provide anesthesiological care for all surgical and non-surgical clinics and departments at the Uniklinikum Erlangen. With a total of 50 anesthesia workstations, over 30,000 anesthesias are performed annually.
Our responsibilities include:
- Preanaesthetic check up, pulmonary function, and cardiovascular diagnostics
- Three interdisciplinary operative intensive care units
- Pain outpatient clinic with postoperative pain management
- Treatment of acute and chronic pain
- Emergency medical services for the city of Erlangen, Erlangen-Höchstadt, and Herzogenaurach
- Intensive care transports
- Supply tasks in air rescue in the rescue helicopter of the region and in ambulance planes for repatriation of patients injured or fallen ill abroad
The clinic serves as a national and international center for continuous education and training and hosts the European Diploma in Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care examination ("European Specialist Examination") by the European Society of Anaesthesiology.